Men of War: Vietnam is a new game in the critically acclaimed series. Two intense story-driven campaigns let you feel the explosive mix of the jungle, Hueys and rock-n-roll in early 1968.
The US campaign focuses on a team of elite spec ops soldiers, each one of them with their own unique personality. The unit includes Sergeant John Merrill, machine gunner Jim Walsh, sniper Sonny Armstrong, grenade launcher operator Carl Dillan and combat engineer Bill Kirby. In some missions they can count only on themselves, while in the others they act together with regular US and South-Vietnamese troops.
The North Vietnam campaign tells the story of two Soviet military consultants and soldiers of the North Vietnam Army who are the only survivors of an ambush by US troops. The task of getting back to the North Vietnam territory is a difficult one: they have no means of radio communication, no wheeled vehicles, and it’s too far to make it there by foot. On their way these warriors will be involved in a chain of bloody engagements and find themselves in the dead center of the Tet offensive. Their missions range from special operations to full scale battles.
Special Edition Content
The special edition of MoW: Vietnam additionally includes 3 multiplayer maps and 5 singleplayer scenarios also playable in coop (up to 4 players) mode:
- NVA soldiers battle US Troops for control of a nameless sector near Cambodia border.
- Four survived passengers of a shot-down US helicopter try to escape from Vietcong territory.
- Surrounded Vietcong soldiers make their last stand against the US Army onslaught in the ruined Catholic church converted into a makeshift weapons depot.
- Vietcong subversive group must infiltrate the area patrolled by ARVN and Green Berets using only knifes and silenced weapons.
- Commander of the NVA tank platoon decides to launch an all-out attack in a bold attempt to take out US Field HQ.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This game requires the Steam client to install & play.