New Releases for November 20th 2012: Assassin's Creed III and Hitman: Absolution
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
It's a good time to be an assassin. Today sees the release of Assassin's Creed III and Hitman: Absolution. Whether you prefer the blade and the tomahawk or the rifle and the garrote, one of these titles will appeal to the noble assassin in you. Get your week locked down, get your contracts, your mission and get gaming!
The American Colonies, 1775. It’s a time of civil unrest and political upheaval in the Americas. As a Native American assassin fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution.
Assassin’s Creed® III takes you back to the American Revolutionary War, but not the one you’ve read about in history books.
- As a Native American assassin, eliminate your enemies with guns, bows, tomahawks, and more!
- Join the Continental Army in a war for our freedom. With your comrades at your side, hunt down the British redcoats through chaotic city streets, and engage in full-scale military assaults in the wilderness. Experience the real war that shaped our nation.
- Experience the truth behind the most gruesome war in history: the American Revolution.
- Introducing the Anvil Next game engine, the stunning new technology that will revolutionize gaming with powerful graphics, lifelike animations, immersive combat, and advanced physics.
Get started on the road to revolution here.
You can also grab the Season Pass and enjoy all the DLC for one low price here!
HITMAN®: ABSOLUTION™ follows The Original Assassin undertaking his most personal contract to date. Betrayed by the Agency and hunted by the police, Agent 47 finds himself pursuing redemption in a corrupt and twisted world.
- Showcasing Glacier 2™ technology HITMAN: ABSOLUTION has been built from the ground up, boasting a cinematic story, distinctive art direction and highly original game and sound design.
- Contracts Mode Create your own custom hits by choosing the level, targets, weapons and the rules of assassination in an innovative new online mode. You play to create, which means that no contract is impossible and that you’re in control of how the contract is shaped. Contracts can be shared with friends or the whole Hitman community and the money that you earn will unlock weapons, upgrades and disguises.
- Freedom of Choice: Stalk your prey, fight them head on or adapt as you go along. As Agent 47 the choice is yours thanks to highly evolved gameplay mechanics and a ground-breaking AI system. Like a predator stalking its prey, to a storm of gun fire and everything in between, highly evolved game mechanics and a sophisticated new AI-System provide a rewarding experience, no matter which style Agent 47 chooses for his missions.
- Experience a Living, Breathing World: In the world of Hitman: Absolution every moment can become a story as unique characters, rich dialogue and Hollywood standard performances combine to create a gameplay experience like no other. Characters come to life as players make their way through the world triggering a wide range of reactions. Supported by outstanding performance and motion captures by Hollywood actors, every moment can become a story in HITMAN: ABSOLUTION.
- Disguises: As Agent 47 the identity of almost anyone you meet is yours for the taking. Immobilise your prey, steal their outfit and use your instincts to blend in and deceive your enemies.Blend in and impersonate your victims with a huge variety of disguises. Once in disguise, the world around you will change accordingly, so choose carefully.
- Instinct Mode: See the world through the eyes of Agent 47 and become the world’s deadliest assassin. Using Hitman: Absolution’s Instinct Mode you’ll predict enemy movement, discover new ways to kill and use high powered weaponry with deadly accuracy.
Get your contracts and get to work here.
You can also upgrade to the Professional Edition here.